Sunday, March 7, 2010

Noelle's Baby Shower!

My cousin, Noelle, is having a baby girl!!!!

Her baby shower was at the amazing
 Roycroft Inn in East Aurora, NY.

The Roycroft Inn is very rustic, cozy and elegant.
I thought it was the perfect setting for a baby shower.
 I just love it there!

Here is a picture of the card!  

Since our family is French, my mom thought it would be cute to write bébé on the card.
It's hard trying to think of something to put on the front of a baby shower card!
I think it turned out cute!
I made this card using my Cricut Expression Machine!

 Here is how I made the card:

I used the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge for the whole project.

The card was cut using Tall Ball function and cut at 6" using two different pieces of cardstock:  A light purple so that I would be able to write a message on the inside, and I wanted the darker purple for the front and back of the card once it's folded. 

I cut the polka dotted rectangle using the Shadow Rectangle Feature at 5 3/4".
  
The pink strip with white scallop on the bottom of the card is from DCWB's Sweet Stack.
I had to painstakingly trim around all of the little bumps to get it but I think it was worth it! 
I cut out the letters for "bébé" using the Tall Ball function key for both colors 
(The top color and the shadow darker color) at 1".  
I cut out exclamation points and cut them down to size for the accent marks over the "é's".  
I added the cute pink ribbon on top of the card, stringing it through the folding guide hole that the Cricut automatically cuts out when cutting the card.


I had written up a whole explanation about how I did the envelope, but I definitely FORGOT to take a picture of it!!! So I'll just leave it out...

After we signed the card, I tied the same pink ribbon that was on top of the card itself through the holes in the envelope.  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment