Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First Necklace!!!

I made this necklace for my sister's birthday!  

She loved it (after receiving it a week late since the post office wouldn't leave it at her leasing office when it wouldn't fit into her mailbox!!!)  
Oh well...she was excited when she finally got the package!

I just LOVE the beads that I used!  
They are "Bead Gallery" beads, and I found them at Michael's after what seemed like forever...I was overwhelmed at all of the choices that they displayed! 
My mom finally spotted the large bead to go with the smaller round ones.

So, I had NO IDEA how to even start a necklace...but I figured it couldn't be too far from the basics of making earrings.  I was doing alright until I had to figure out how to put the chain on....it was difficult wrapping the wire through the rings of the chain....3 hours later........haha....but it was worth it!  

I wanted to make the clasp area in the back a little more exciting, so I added one of the smaller round beads.  I think it looks really nice!

I also made some Earrings to match....

I can't wait to make some more!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Now that you've made one you'll want to make another and another and another....!!! Isn't making jewelry tons of fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti!! Yepp, I caught the jewelry making bug!! I love it! It's so fun to create!!!!

    ReplyDelete