Monday, January 25, 2010

Jewelry Making!!!


Yesterday, my cousin Brielle and I had such a great time making earrings.  We took a trip to JoAnn Fabrics and they had an awesome sale on jewelry items!  It took us 3 hours to make 3 pairs of earrings each...but hey, we are beginners!!  I can imagine that once you get the hang of it, you could rip out a ton of earrings.  

The hardest part was the twisting the wire, but it was very therapeutic for me.  I have a neck, back and shoulder injury and I needed something to do while sitting in bed with a bunch of pillows behind me... jewelry making was perfect!  I just used my lapdesk and it worked perfectly.  

We had some lighting issues....Even with all of the lights on in my room, it was hard to see the beads, especially the tiny ones!  I'll have to get a different lamp next to my bed!  

Oh, and sharing only one pair of each of the tools you need slowed us down...it seemed like we always needed to use them at the same time so I will pick up my own pairs soon. 

I can't wait to buy some more beads and start making some more!  Thanks for showing me the ropes Brielle!!! 


(Sorry for the crappy pics, have to find a good camera!)




















     






Here are the beads that I used:                               


      Jesse James Dress                Beaders Paradise Bit 
       It Up Blackberry                 Lavendar Mix Beads
          Jam Beads 


 

1 comment: