Sunday, January 31, 2010

Photo Love #1: The Leshan Giant Buddha


Here is one of my favorite photos taken in Leshan, China
My husband, Brien, and I lived in Chengdu, China for a year and had so many amazing, life changing experiences.  One of the places that we visited was The Leshan Giant Buddha.

The Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest stone-carved Buddha in the WORLD...Brien and I spent a very hot and sweaty crazy busy day here. When I say hot and sweaty I mean INSANELY HOT AND SWEATY....As in droplets of water running down our foreheads and shirts completely soaked through...Being smushed and pushed through weaving lines, and almost thinking we were going to be pushed down the INSANE staircase we had to climb down in order to get to the Buddha's feet.
If you look at the Buddha to the top right, near the Ear, is where the lines started....Imagine the busiest day at Disney World, lines without any fastpasses times 30 and that was the line....But it was SO WORTH IT!  This photo isn't even the entire Buddha....I took this picture when on the staircase of doom...There is a whole lower half with massive feet.!!!  It's almost impossible to get a picture of the entire Buddha unless you take one of the boat tours on the river that runs in front of it.
It's easy to get amazing shots of the Buddha, I just kept snapping at every angle.
Anyways, if you are ever in China, and near Leshan, you MUST go here, DO NOT pass this opportunity up, pictures do not do this justice.

I just have to show you the steep staircase of doom winding it's way down the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment