Friday, January 29, 2010

My First Card Using The Cricut Expression!!!


 

Here it is!  I used my Cricut Expression Machine to make everything!!

I made this Thank You card for my AWESOME mother-in-law and father-in-law since they were the ones who purchased this for me for Christmas!  THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!!

So...I finally was able to get the Cricut Expression up (Ok ok, the hubby set it up for me! Thanks Brien!)  I first tried to use a regular piece of printer paper to do a trial and error run...NOT a great idea...it didn't want to come off of the sticky cutting mat and was hard to scrape off....Also, after installing the blade, we didn't think about turning the size nob down so that it would actually be low enough to cut something...so at least we figured that part out before cutting on good cardstock.

After a few bumps in the road I was able to figure out the sizes that were appropriate for my card...

The base of the actual card itself measures 5 3/4", and I made the envelope at 6".  I cut the floral background using a rectangle feature at 5 1/2".  I made the whole card using the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge and found it was easy to use and has some cute features to work with.

I used a plain light lavender color for the card base,  a dark purple color cardstock for the flowers and the letters for "thanks", and a plain white cardstock for the scallop edge on top...I added a cute piece of green ribbon on the bottom and I used sheets from the Latte Stack (which has a ton of great designs I love it!) for the top of the card and for the envelope itself from DCWV .

 I purchased my cardstack, cardstocks, and ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics  

2 comments:

  1. That's a great 1st card! Don't you just love the E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't understand how this machine works, but that's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete