Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy 94th Birthday Maga!!!


Here is a card that I made for 
Maga's 94th Birthday! 

I used the Cricut Expression Machine to cut the card and envelope.  I also incorporated some beads along the left side of the card, and the dangling beads on the right side.

I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge for the card and envelope, and I used the Serenade Solutions Cartridge to cut out the butterfly and the scroll images on the envelope.

The Card and Envelope were cut out at 6" using the Tall Ball function, and the floral rectangle on top of the card was cut out using the rectangle feature using the shadow function on the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge at 6".  The Butterfly was cut out at 2" and the scroll was cut out at 1".

I cut the scallop edge of the floral paper with scallop scissors, and used the opposite side of the scrap to glue to the bottom of the card.  I didn't feel that it was necessary to write a message on the front of the card, because I thought it would make it too busy.  I wrote the message on the inside.

The card, envelope and floral paper are from the Latte Stack from DCWV.
The beading was simple to do.  I used the Beaders Paradise Bit for the beads on the left side of the card: I simply took wire and loaded it up with the tiny beads, and put the wire through the hole in the card that the Cricut Expression cuts out (to show you where to fold the card) and bent and glued them down.  I used the Blackberry Jam Beads for the jewels on the right which were also put through the holes that the Cricut already cut out for the card.

I used these beads again: 
 





      Jesse James Dress                Beaders Paradise Bit 
       It Up Blackberry                 Lavendar Mix Beads
          Jam Beads 


No comments:

Post a Comment