Friday, February 5, 2010

REVIEW: Let's just talk a little about P.F.Chang's...


P.F. Chang's finally opened up in Buffalo...I've heard about it before, and people would rave about it.... I'm glad we were finally able to check out the hype!  I really wasn't sure what to expect...I knew it couldn't be just an ordinary Chinese take out place...So I went in pretty open-minded.  (I don't have any pics of the food because our camera was stolen...sorry!!)

We ordered the "CHANG'S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS" for an appetizer.....YUMMMMMM!!!!! It tasted like the Wok itself, and had such a depth of flavor to it.  I could have eaten just that as my meal....We ordered two (since there were 6 of us) and they went really fast! My mouth is watering just talking about it!!

For dinner, I ordered their signature dish: the "MONGOLIAN BEEF"....Even MORE YUMMMM!!!!!  I loved the scallions especially. (Scallions are in a few of my favorite dishes from Chengdu, so it was nice to get that in every bite).  Be careful, you will have major onion breath for like 2 days!  It was very expensive ($14.95) but it was a huge order, and would be enough for two.  I thought it was definitely worth it!! 

My hubby, Brien, ordered the "CHENGDU SPICED LAMB"...He loved it....I normally am not a fan of lamb... in fact I hate lamb...but I loved his dish too!  It had a key Chengdu flavor, kind of like "Shao Kao" seasoning with the spice tuned down for Americans ...but it was delish!!!  I couldn't get enough of it!!  Man I miss those flavors!!!  

Dessert....well I was pretty disappointed.  Brien and I ordered the "THE GREAT WALL OF CHOCOLATE" which was basically a massive piece of chocolate cake....looks better than it tasted....I wouldn't order that one again it was pretty bland...I was happy we were all sharing desserts at the table..My sister-in-law, Michelle, ordered the "BANANA SPRING ROLLS" and I didn't want to give it back!!! Holy moly that was an AMAZING dessert!! I'll definitely order that one instead next time!!!

For my drink, I ordered the "PF-X" which has: X-RATED Fusion Liqueur, Mango Vodka and Pama Liqueur shaken with a splash of Sprite....Best drink I have had in a long time....It was $9 and not that big, but I loved it!  Yes, it sounds frilly and girly....but who cares....get over it....try it!! Tasted like a jolly rancher!! 

Go with a big group of people and all order different dishes...we had so much fun passing our food around the table trying bites of each other's.  That way, the next time you go, you know which dish to get. 

I don't think anyone took food home, it was that good!!!   Just be prepared to pay a lot!  (I'm sure if you go at lunch time it would be cheaper)

I recommend this restaurant to anyone!! 
Sooooo good!!!


Want me to review your restaurant or product?  
Contact me!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie!!! Funny that you posted this- I went there LAST night for dinner LOL We had the spring rolls and the green bean fries which are crazy good. They are green beans in a tempura batter, yum!

    ReplyDelete